Friday, August 28, 2009

Leading Change...

The last classroom portion of my doctoral program focuses on leading change. I am also composing my research proposal. I know that active leaders of organizations are expected to actively seek areas where their organizations will best benefit, and institute change. This change will inevitably incur opposition, and that is where good leaders differ from great leaders. In order for great administrators to navigate and manage change, he/she must know his/her personal strengths and the strengths of his/her management team.

Knowing others' strengths allows an effective leader to design a plan in which the strengths of the individual team members interplay and create synergy to drive the change. This effective management of change makes leaders appear as though they are masterful at making desired changes and makes them appear as if they are actually "the best."

I am blessed to have made it this far, and I know that without the hand of God guiding my endeavors, that I would be a man on an island. I am blessed, and thankful for that blessing. My desire is that I can utilize the gifts and blessings that I've been given to make a dramatic difference in many lives.

Look for more postings as my educational philosophy continues to change. Change is inevitable, and we must be open to it!

No comments: