Wednesday, August 12, 2009

A New School Year

As I enter my ninth year as a high school teacher, I am also entering the last semester of my doctoral coursework. I am excited, and realize that by the time I finish this school year, several things will have transpired. First, my wonderful son will have turned two, and my beautiful daughter will have turned four. What a true blessing they are to me. My wife and I will have been married for seven years. My how time flies!

Most of all, I will have most, if not all, of my dissertation written. I remember my days at David Crockett high school as a student, and some who claimed that I would never make it in college.

Nonetheless, I am thankful for the opportunities for enlightenment, and am grateful for every blessing that has been bestowed upon me. As a traveling man, I'm certainly fortunate for the vast amount of knowledge that I have obtained. I sincerely hope that I will prove to be wiser, better, and therefore more useful.

I was fortunate enough to receive a grant last school year, and have fully implemented it. For the first time, I can truly say that I am ready for the school year to start.

I don't expect many to follow my postings, but that's not the point. If any follow them at all, I hope that they will obtain some of the knowledge it takes to travel through the leadership process. It is my hope that my students will use my knowledge as a springboard to thrust themselves into leadership roles and positions.

I have been fortunate enough to have passed the educational administrative endorsement exam, and look forward to having the credential added to my teaching certificate. I trust that this qualification will net me an assistant principal position in the future.

Nulli secundus. Nosce te ipsum. Acta non verba. Ad luceum et Ad praestantius faciebar!

No comments: