Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Welcome!!!

I would like to say welcome to all who view this page.



My name is Scott Starnes, and I am currently teach at Daniel Boone High School, in Gray, Tennessee. I am in my 7th year as a teacher. For the initial 5 years of teaching, I was at David Crockett High School, in Jonesborough, and taught World History. Last year, I was finally able to put my experience as a Paramedic to use in the classroom, as I was hired to teach Medical Technology classes. This year, I am continuing that practice, and am teaching classes such as Anatomy & Physiology, Medical Technology, and Medical Therapeutics.



I am happily married to Christy (5 years), and have two wonderful children.  Rebecca who is 2, and Brayden who is 1.



I am enrolled in the Doctor of Education program at East Tennessee State University, for an administrative endorsement, and want to become a high school principal, and eventually, a Career and Technical Director.



Some of my favorites include:

movie - Remember the Titans and Radio

song - Sweet Home Alabama

book - Friday Night Lights

play - To Kill A Mockingbird



My interests include coaching football (have coached for 7 years), reading, and fishing. I have recently found that I thoroughly enjoy wood working, and hope to become more involved with that in the coming years.


I have found an interesting blogsite. The address is http://thereflectiveteacher.wordpress.com/

This site interested me because I was taught at Milligan College, that a teacher must be reflective in his/her practice as a teacher because that is the only way in which one grows professionally. This blog encourages teachers to take an introspective look at themselves and determine where they are professionally. I will probably subscribe to this blog.

No comments: